Welcome to State VASE
April 26-27, 2019
San Marcos High School
San Marcos Consolidated School District
2601 Rattler Road
San Marcos, TX 78666
High School VASE State Information
This is the culminating event of a year of diligence and creative genius on behalf of the art students, teachers, and administrators in Texas!!! This event begins with each of the Regional Events scheduled during the month of February. The State of Texas is divided into 20 Education Regional Service Centers. These regions serve as the dividing boundaries for participation in regional events. Students in the various regions are invited to participate in their Regional Event. Students are interviewed and their artworks are juried by certified TAEA jurors. A Rating IV is the mark of an exemplary work of art. This qualifies the student to be entered in to the VASE Area Event. After the jury process is complete artworks that qualify to participate are then processed for the State Event.
The State Event is held annually in April. State qualifying artworks are assessed by jurors from across the United States on Friday. On Saturday, students may participate in hands-on workshops, sketching opportunities, and compete for scholarship money. Students are also eligible for memorial scholarships. Teachers may participate in educator workshops. The event is intended to provide a forum for art teachers and students to meet and to grow artistically and personally.
The State Event is designed with the following goals:
- To recognize exemplary high school student artwork from across the state
- To recognize quality high school art instruction
- To recognize art instructors for providing student opportunities
- To inform school administrators of the contributions being made on behalf of their art instructors and define a standards-based program
- To reinforce state and national standards in high school art programs
- To increase TAEA membership at the high school level
- Encourage students to elect visual art classes at the collegiate level
- To provide a safe venue for a quality program that achieves all of the goals above
We look forward to seeing the exciting works of art and artistic growth of students and art programs in Texas. Get your students involved today!