A TAEA visual arts event recognizing exemplary elementary student artwork.
Any elementary teacher that is a current TAEA member may enter works of as many students as you wish, but no more than 2 works per individual student.
Each individual entry will require a $12 entry fee to cover cost of judging, webmaster, accounting, certificates, ribbons and medals and/or handling.
All artwork needs to be mailed or delivered to the address as instructed by the regional director.
All work, forms, and fees must be received by the date for your Regional Event.
Each Work Must Include
- A Student Agreement and Artwork Release Form
- A Student Intent and Artwork Identification Form
- An entry fee
- The Student Intent and Artwork Identification form — tape securely on the back of the artwork.
- Student Agreement and Artwork Release form — Paperclip all together with the Entry Certification form and place in large envelope.
- Bring work in portfolio that is clearly labeled with your name, school, and district.
Suggestions for Selecting Artwork for Contest
- A variety of works of art is encouraged (processes, techniques, media or themes).
- Similar looking projects are discouraged.
- Try to stay away from entering only one assignment.
- Select pieces from multiple grade levels and grading periods.
By grade level based on TEAM standards. (See Adjudication Process.)
All entries will receive a certificate and either a ribbon or a medal.
- Participation ribbons or medals will be awarded according to rating.
- Certificates will be printed by the participating teacher.
- All works receiving an exemplary rating will receive a medal.
- All other entries will receive participation ribbons.
- Top 10% of works will receive Top of Team certificate and possibly have work placed on the TAEA website.
- Letters of congratulations will go to the principals.
Pick up artwork within the allotted time.