A TAEA visual arts event recognizing exemplary elementary student artwork.
Any elementary teacher that is a current TAEA member may enter works of as many students as you wish, but no more than 2 works per individual student.
Each individual entry will require a $12 entry fee to cover cost of judging, webmaster, accounting, certificates, ribbons and medals and/or handling.
All work, forms, and fees must be received by the date for your Regional Event.
Each Work Must Include
- A Student Agreement and Artwork Release Form
- A Student Intent and Artwork Identification Form
- An entry fee
Forms — All Online
- The Student Intent and Artwork Identification form — tape securely on the back of the artwork.
- Student Agreement and Artwork Release form — Paperclip all together with the Entry Certification form and place in large envelope.
- Bring work in portfolio that is clearly labeled with your name, school, and district.
Suggestions for Selecting Artwork for Contest
- A variety of works of art is encouraged (processes, techniques, media or themes).
- Similar looking projects are discouraged.
- Try to stay away from entering only one assignment.
- Select pieces from multiple grade levels and grading periods.
By grade level based on TEAM standards. (See Adjudication Process.)
All entries will receive a certificate and either a ribbon or a medal.
- Participation ribbons or medals will be awarded according to rating.
- Certificates will be printed by the participating teacher.
- All works receiving an exemplary rating will receive a medal.
- All other entries will receive participation ribbons.
- Top 10% of works will receive Top of Team certificate and possibly have work placed on the TAEA website.
- Letters of congratulations will go to the principals.