A TAEA visual arts event recognizing exemplary, intermediate, middle school, and junior high student artwork.
Any intermediate, middle school, or junior high teacher who is a TAEA member may enter as many students as they wish but each student may only have two works entered. If a student is homeschooled, a parent may join TAEA and Sponsor their child.
To promote your program and recognize your students.
Each region except for 5, and 9 have an event and several have more than one. Look at the Regional Locator Map to find your event. You can look up your district and find your regional event location and date.
All fees must be paid by the date of your event. All art and forms will be brought to the event with the students and teacher.
$15 per entry which covers the cost of jurors, webmaster, accounting, medals, and site.
Each Work Must Include
- An Artwork Release Form - to be signed and returned to / uploaded by the teacher.
- A Student Intent Form filled out online - this does not need to be printed out
- An Artwork ID Form - to be printed and attached to the artwork
- A Reference PDF (student photographs, production notes, or sketches compiled by the student into one PDF according to the rules) - to be uploaded
- A photograph of the artwork - to be uploaded with the online entry
- Entry Fee - to be paid online or sent to TAEA with your invoice in advance, by the stated due date
- Student Intent Form is completed online according to the rules. This form does not get attached to the artwork.
- The Artwork ID Form — 2D: tape securely on the back of the artwork (all four sides). 3D: attach to the 3D artwork (folded in half, attached to a piece of cardboard or poster board, and attached to the 3D artwork with string or wire). Tape a copy of the Artwork ID Form along with a photo of the artwork on the box (also applies to 2D relief artwork that needs a box).
- Reference PDF is uploaded according to the rules. This form does not get attached to the artwork.
- All 2D artwork needs the back covered by a piece of poster board to protect the artwork.
- The front of all 2D artwork needs a piece of paper that forms a flap from the back of the art to cover the front and protect it.
- 2D mixed media artwork or delicate work needs some type of sturdy box with a small photo and blank Student Intent Form (top part only needed) and a photo of the artwork on the outside of the box.
- 3D artwork needs some type of sturdy box with a small photo and blank Student Intent Form (top part only needed) and a photo of the artwork on the outside of the box.
- Artwork Release Forms will be signed so the teacher may turn them in at the event in order for entries to be judged.
- Regional Entry Certification + Check-In / Check-Out Attendance Verification Form SIGNED BY YOUR PRINCIPAL are also turned in.
- Check in and check out form is also turned in.
Will be by divisions 1-4 by certified judges.
Teachers have the options to print out certificates for their students.
- Medals will be awarded according to a rating of 4 in each division.
- Each artwork in each division receiving a 4 will be judged again with the top 10% earning a Platinum Medal.
Pick up all artwork, juror forms, and medals when you receive a text or at the appointed time.