Junior VASE — Overview
A TAEA visual arts event recognizing exemplary, intermediate, middle school, and junior high student artwork.
Any intermediate, middle school, or junior high teacher who is a TAEA member may enter as many students as they wish but each student may only have two works entered. If a student is homeschooled, a parent may join TAEA and Sponsor their child.
To promote your program and recognize your students.
Each region except for 2, 5, and 9 have an event and several have more than one. Look at the Regional Locator Map to find your event. You can look up your district and find your regional event location and date.
All fees must be paid by the date of your event. All art and forms will be brought to the event with the students and teacher.
$15 per entry which covers the cost of jurors, webmaster, accounting, medals, and site.
Each work must include:
- Student Intent Form and Artwork Identification Form.
- Student photographs, production notes, or sketches attached to the back of the artwork or to the 3D work according to the rules.
- Student Intent Form and Artwork Identification Form must be securely attached to the back of the covered artwork or attached to the 3-D Art according to the rules. (folded into 4ths attached to a piece of cardboard or poster board and attached to the 3-D piece with string or wire.)
- Student photographs, production notes, or sketches securely attached to the back of the covered artwork or to the 3-D work according to the rules. (placed on the other side of the cardboard or poster board that the student intent form is on.)
- All 2D artwork needs the back covered by a piece of poster board to protect the artwork.
- The front of all 2D artwork needs a piece of paper that forms a flap from the back of the art to cover the front and protect it.
- 2D mixed media artwork or delicate work needs some type of sturdy box with a small photo and blank Student Intent Form on the outside of the box.
- 3D artwork needs some type of sturdy box with a small photo and blank Student Intent Form on the outside of the box.
- Student Agreement and Artwork release form are alphabetized and given to the workers at check in.
- Regional Entry Certification Forms SIGNED BY YOUR PRINCIPAL are also turned in.
- Check in and check out form is also turned in.
Will be by divisions 1-4 by certified judges.
Teachers have the options to print out certificates for their students.
- Medals will be awarded according to a rating of 4 in each division.
- Each artwork in each division receiving a 4 will be judged again with the top 10% earning a Platinum Medal.
Pick up all artwork, juror forms, and medals when you receive a text or at the appointed time.