High School VASE — Overview
A TAEA-sponsored Visual Arts event recognizing exemplary high school student artwork.
Any high school art teacher who is a current TAEA member may enter artworks from as many students as he/she wishes, but no more than 2 works per individual student.
Each individual entry will require a $17 entry fee to cover cost of judging, webmaster, accounting, and medals.
All students and their artwork travel to the High School VASE Regional Event, location set annually by the regional director.
All fees must be paid by the date of your event. All art and forms will be brought to the event with the students and teacher.
Each Work Must Include
- A Student Agreement and Artwork Release Form
- A Student Intent and Artwork Identification Form
- An entry fee sent to TAEA together with your invoice in advance, by the stated due date
- Resources used in creation of the artwork (affixed to the artwork)
- The Student Intent and Artwork Identification form — 2D: tape securely on the back of the artwork (all four sides), along with student reference photos, sketches, and/or production notes. 3D: Attach to the 3D artwork along with student reference photos, sketches, and / or production notes (folded into quarters, attached to a piece of cardboard or poster board, and attached to the 3D artwork with string or wire). Tape a blank copy of the intent form along with a photo of the artwork on the box (also applies to 2D relief artwork that needs a box).
- Student Agreement and Artwork Release form — Teachers' release forms are alphabetized and turned in at Teacher Check-In with the Entry Certification form.
Suggestions for Selecting Artwork for Contest
- A variety of works of art encouraged. (processes, techniques, media or themes)
- Similar-looking projects are discouraged.
- Try to stay away from entering only one assignment in any level.
By individual jurors based on VASE standards. (See Adjudication Process in the High School VASE Rules & Policies, pages 8-10.)
All entries will receive a certificate and Rating 4 artworks receive a Regional medal.
- All artworks receiving a Rating of 4 will advance to Area Judging, held at the end of the meet.
- Top 10% of each division (level) of the Area-qualified artworks will be selected to advance to the State VASE Event.
Pick up artwork, juror rating forms, and medals at the end of the event.