State VASE — Overview
April 29-30, 2022
A TAEA visual art event recognizing exemplary high school student artwork at the state level. This recognition represents the pinnacle of artistic success in the VASE program. The State Visual Art Scholastic Event is the highlight of all VASE events.
High school students who receive a Rating IV during the judging process at a regional event are eligible to advance to State through a second round of judging called Area Judging. Students are notified after the regional event if their artwork will advance to the State Event.
Each individual entry requires a $20 entry fee to cover cost of judging, site rental, website management, accounting, medals and/or handling.
All state qualifying artwork will be stored with the Regional Director until the State Event is adjudicated. Directors deliver state Gold Seal works to the State Event Director within 2 weeks after the event.
The State Event is scheduled for the last weekend in April.
Leading up to the State Event
- In late March-early April, qualifying students and teachers register online for State Event virtual workshops.
Adjudication — Friday before State VASE
- Adjudication takes place virtually before the event. There are no student interviews at the State Event.
- A slideshow of all artwork will be available after adjudication.
Day of the State Event
- All State qualifying artwork will be available for viewing online.
- State qualifying students will attend virtual workshops according to the posted schedule.
- Gold Seal artwork participates in a traveling exhibition starting after the State Event and concluding at the TAEA State Conference.
- Gold Seal recipients will be recognized in a slide show as well during the event.
At the end of the State Event
- Teachers will receive awards packets and medallions via their regional director after the event.
After State VASE
- Images of Gold Seal and Rating IV artwork will be published on the website after the event.