To promote and offer successful quality art education support to Texas art educators through mentoring and art education professional development presentations.
TAEO connects successful art education professionals (mentors) with new Texas arts educators (mentees) and offers a proactive program of one-on-one mentoring for an art teacher in the classroom for a minimum of one year.
Mentors are needed in all areas of art education.
Serve as a resource in a pro-bono capacity
Contact, assist, and support teachers who apply to TAEO
With Mentoring, New Art Educators
- Can focus on Professional Development
- Are more apt to remain active art educators through successful induction
- Experience reduced stress through collaboration with other art educators
- Benefit from the highly valued expertise and modeling of veteran teachers
Without Mentoring, New Art Educators
- Focus on Day-to-Day survival
- Leave the profession at a rate of 50% in the first 5 years
- Experience increased stress due to subject-sensitive isolationism
- Are unable to take advantage of veteran teachers' knowledge base
Would You Like to BE A Mentor?
- Would you like to take a personal interest in welcoming a teacher asking for help?
- Would you like to nurture a person by sharing your talents and ability?
- Would you like to share your knowledge and experience with others?
- Would you like to broaden your own perspectives and gain new levels of expertise?
If so, fill out the online form with TAEA. Before getting started, please assemble the following. Once you begin, the application should be finished in one sitting.
- Two Letters of Recommendation
TAEO Programs are available to active TAEA members only.
If you have any questions, please contact
for more information.