TAEA and its Board and leaders do not explicitly endorse or approve any of these sites and resources. They are listed only as an effort to assist TAEA members in obtaining ideas, inspiration, crafts, techniques, etc. that may be helpful in the classroom. If you find any of these resources to be offensive, please so we can investigate.
If you know of a resource that would be helpful to other TAEA members, please send your suggestion to the TAEA Executive Director at .
State Art Education Associations
Art Museums / Art History
Art Lessons / Products
- Center for Educator Development in the Fine Arts
This site maintained by the Texas Education Agency has information about all the areas of the arts.
- Internet School Library Media Center (ISLMC) Art Education page
It is a meta-site for teachers, librarians, parents and students to preview selected links. The numerous links for art will be helpful to all teachers, students, and interested patrons of the arts
- North Texas Institute for Educators in the Visual Arts
NTIEVA's mission is to conduct research and staff development in the implementation of discipline-based art education (DBAE).
- The National Art Education Association
The official website for the National Art Education Association contains membership information, conference information and other useful content for all members
- Texas Coalition for Quality Arts Education
Provides useful information about the arts of music, dance, art and theater in the state of Texas as well as some helpful links to other art sources
- American Festival for the Arts
- Amon Carter Museum
Collection of paintings and sculptures by Fredric Remington and Charles M. Russell and American art.
- Art Car Museum
ArtDaily.com is the first art newspaper online.
- Art League of HoustonBayou Bend Collection and Gardens
- Blaffer Gallery
- Buffalo Bayou ArtPark
- Byzantine Fresco Chapel Museum
- Community Artists' Collective
- Da Camera of Houston
- Dallas Museum of Art
- FotoFest Inc.
- Houston Center for Contemporary Craft
- Houston Center for Photography
- Jack S. Blanton Museum of Art
- Kimball Art Museum
Holdings range in period from antiquity to the 20th century. The Museum is one of the only institutions in the Southwest with a substantial collection of Asian arts.
- Lawndale Art Center
- Meadows Museum
The founding collection of Spanish art, the Meadows Museum Collection, includes over 500 works that span the millennium, from the 10th through the 20th century, and form one of the finest collections of Spanish art in the world.
- Modern Art Museum of Ft. Worth
The Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth is the oldest art museum in Texas and one of the oldest museums in the western United States.
- Mother of All Art and Art History Links
A complete source for museum and galleries in the United States and around the world. Also provides other related art information
- Multicultural Education and Counseling through the Arts
- Project Row Houses
- Rice University Art Gallery
- San Antonio Museum of Art
- The Sid Richardson Collection of Western Art
A permanent exhibit of 56 paintings by the premier Western artists, Frederic Remington and Charles M. Russell
- TEA Perceptions
A virtual museum hosted by Texas Education Agency.
- The Arts Alliance Center at Clear Lake
- The Children's Museum of Houston
- The Houston Murals of John Thomas Biggers
A website dedicated to the preservation and communication of John Thomas Biggers' artistic legacy to the city of Houston.
- The Menil Collection
Complete schedule and information about the four types of art that make up the Menil Collection.
- The Museum Of Cultural Arts, Houston (MOCAH)
- The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston
Complete information about the Museum of Fine Arts in Houston, its collections, schedules, and other sites such as Bayou Bend.
- The Museum of Printing History
- The Orange Show
- Trammel and Margaret Crow Collection of Asian Art
Exhibiting works of art from Japan, China, India and Southeast Asia, the Crow Collection of Asian Art offers visitors a peaceful world of beauty and spirituality in the heart of the city (Dallas).
- Van Gogh and Gaugin
Plan to spend at least 20 or 30 minutes to travel through the entire Flash site on this important time in art history.
- Witte Museum
- Arts Education Partnership
A national coalition of arts, education, business, philanthropic and government organizations that demonstrates and promotes the essential role of the arts in the learning and development of every child and in the improvement of America's schools.
ArtsPower is a project of the Business Circle for Arts Education, dedicated to the students at Oklahoma's 1,073 public & private elementary schools.
- Keep the Arts for Kids
- National Assembly of State Arts Agencies
- National PTA
Arts in Education Resource Libraries
- Texas Commission on the Arts
- Texas PTA Reflections
The Reflections Program provides opportunities for students to express themselves through the arts.
- Adobe Education
Bring technology in to your classroom with free lessons, course guides, and projects that incorporate Adobe tools.
- Amaco American Art Clay Co. Lesson plans
17 lesson plans using clay
- Literacy Through Photography
The writing and photography project at FototFest International
Designed as a tool to integrate technology into the art classroom
- The Art & Creative Materials Institute, Inc. (ACMI)
This is a listing that provides information about art products and a number of useful other listings including the national site for Youth Art Month
- KidsArt Art Teaching Supplies
Specializing in child-tested, child-safe art products, how-to books, art history and enrichment made especially for kids, from preschool through teens...along with on-line games, galleries, lessons and free activities.
- Alabama Art Education Association
- Arizona Art Education Association
- California Art Education Association
- Colorado Art Education Association
- Art Educators of Delaware
- Florida Art Education Association
- Georgia Art Education Association
- Idaho Art Education Association
- Illinois Art Education Association
- Indiana Art Education Association
- Art Educators of Iowa
- Kansas Art Education Association
- Kentucky Art Education Association
- Louisiana Art Education Association
- Maine Art Education Association
- Maryland Art Education Association
- Massachusetts Art Education Association
- Michigan Art Education Association
- Art Educators of Minnesota
- Mississippi Art Education Association
- Missouri Art Education Association
- Nebraska Art Teachers Association
- Art Educators of Nevada
- New Hampshire Art Education Association
- Art Educators of New Jersey
- New York Art Education Association
- North Carolina Art Education Association
- Ohio Art Education Association
- Oregon Art Education Association
- Pennsylvania Art Education Association
- Rhode Island Art Education Association
- South Carolina Art Education Association
- Tennessee Art Education Association
- Utah Art Education Association
- Virginia Art Education Association
- Washington Art Education Association
- West Virginia Art Education Association
- Wisconsin Art Education Association
- Wyoming Arts in Education
Not all associations may be associated with NAEA.
Send any additions / corrections to TAEA President .