TEAM — Rules and Procedures
TEAM Rules & Policies
TEAM artwork is assigned to the grade level the student is currently enrolled.
Specifications for 2-D Artwork
- 2-D works must be matted or mounted on sturdy white or black frame/or paper with no liners or additional inner mats.
- The artwork cannot exceed 24 x 36, including the matte.
- All artworks must be dry or fixed.
- All 2-D work should have a protective cover sheet.
Specifications for 3-D Artwork
- 3-D work must be sturdy and able to stand alone without support.
- If a sculpture has a base, the base must be attached.
- 3-D work must be in a sturdy box : label and include photo on side of box.
- The Student Intent and Artwork Identification Form along with all references must be attached to the artwork and to the outside of the packing box.
- Artwork should be created solely and exclusively by the student.
- All works must be original works; no pattern art or copy work. Teachers will certify the artwork is original by signing the entry form.
- Students may copy a photograph as long as it is a photograph taken by the student artist or is student-directed.
- Artwork cannot be a copy or reproduction of a published image, photograph, how-to- book, "step-by step follow me instructions assignment", magazine, art history image, Pinterest image, or from the Internet.
- Artwork cannot be created by tracing with overhead / opaque projector or by any other technical means.
- Optional: to attach reference image to the back of the artwork.
*See tips on selecting artwork in the TEAM Overview.
Artworks not meeting the TEAM entry and eligibility regulations will be disqualified. Disqualified artwork will receive a DQ on the Regional Juror Rating Form; however, the student will still receive comments (glow / grow) from the juror.
Artwork may be disqualified if one of more of the following is violated:
- Teacher is not a member in good standing with TAEA.
- The official information on any of the student paperwork has been altered.
- The description on the Student Intent & Artwork Identification Form does not reflect the artwork.
- Teacher fails to fulfill payment by the event date.
- Official paperwork was not turned in with the artworks.
- Regional Entry Certification Form is not signed by the principal.
- 2-D or 3-D artwork does fulfill the rules.
- Artwork does not fulfill the definition of an original artwork.
Damage Or Loss Policy
While every effort will be made to prevent damage to any work of art, neither TAEA nor the host School/District will be held responsible for the theft, loss, or damage of works entered in TEAM.